Friday, September 18, 2009

It Was Supposed To Be Easy

You know that thing you did that time that was supposed to be easy and hassle-free? I did one of those things.


I decided this year that I would send the forms via mail for my car tags. My birthday is Sept. 8Th. I sent in the forms on Aug. 22ND. The piece of mail only had to go to Columbus, OH. My birthday came and went and still no tags. I finally got to checking on the internet about them on Sept. 13Th. I found out that the whole thing had been processed on the 11Th. So, I thought I should have them certainly by the 15Th. (Meanwhile, I'm hoping I don't get pulled over in my illegal status. Yikes!) Finally, on the 17Th. of Sept., I received them in the mail.


The lesson to all this is NEVER file for your tags this way. Do it over the internet or go straight to the BMV and take care of it. Here I thought I would just send them in and then I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to do this chore. Sometimes, it doesn't pay us to "think" does it? It turned out being something I stressed over for days. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment