Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Big Day


One's fiftieth birthday is considered to be the "big" one. It has at least been a good one. I sit here wrapped up in my favorite red, snugly blanket with the snowflakes on it, reflecting on the day.

My 1st surprise was a bouquet of flowers from Tony and Whit (No. 2 son and girlfriend). I also discovered a new hairdryer I was wanting from Darren and Kim (No. 1 son and his fiance). It was a good start to my day.

Next, I had to get the doctor's appointment out of the way and move on to the more desirable parts of the day. Phase I was to go to Studio 36 in Urbana, Ohio and get a massage and manicure. Here was the glitch: They had me penciled in for the massage but not for the manicure. The manicure was to be at 11:00 and the massage at 12:00. So, since I wasn't down for the manicure, I left and came back in an hour.

When I came back, it turned out that I could be worked in today for a manicure after all. :-) To make amends for the confusion, I was offered a pedicure and a shampoo and style. I thought this was awesome! I ended up there for over 3 hours but it was all good. Kudos to Studio 36 today! You made my day! Glitch or no glitch. :-)

Phase II on the agenda was going out to eat with my Dad and Stepmother. We went to Bob Evans and enjoyed! I am tired and full but it's all good. :-)

The fairytale ends with the realization that there is work tomorrow and back to life as I have always known it.

Do I have to wait another 50 years to do this again?

No comments:

Post a Comment