Monday, September 7, 2009

Time Goes Fast


It's Labor Day weekend and it has flown by so far. We had a nice fire on Sat. night in which we roasted hotdogs, polish sausages and the like. There was potato salad, macaroni salad, chips, cake and cookies. Do I need to say I blew the diet? Yikes! I don't to this every day though. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

We celebrated my birthday which isn't until Tuesday. The hubby planned it as a surprise, having some family and my best female friend showing up. :-) She and I have a long history together and lots of great walks around the block. Of course, there is as much talking as walking but that's O.K. It can be great therapy time really.

As usual, I have planned to try to do too many things over my time off but I have appreciated being home so much! No place like it.

Tomorrow, I have taken a days vacation to celebrate my birthday and do some special things for myself. I'm having a manicure and a full body massage. Of course, I didn't pay for it. My son and his fiance gave me a gift card for it. That makes it even better! No guilt for spending the money! Heehee.

My friend and I are off shortly for a long awaited walk. (Schedules are not always easy to get around.)

Hope you all are having the best of weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment