Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Day

Today has been sort of busy for me. I decided it was high time to re-format my resume. It's not something I look forward to but I felt it needed to be updated. So, I've spent my spare time tonight on it. At least it's in good emailing format now. Enough on that.



I came home to find out that the guest goat "Otis" had gotten out of the pen. He just decided to jump out. This upset his sheep friend "Tuesday". Otis was put back into the pen and precautions have been taken to keep the rascal in now. We certainly don't want anything happening to him. He must have thought life was better on the other side of the fence.



We think that sometimes too don't we? If only we had one of the many things in life that we don't, life would be better, right? I don't think it's entirely true. I have found that some things, once acquired are not what we thought they would be.



For some, it could be that exercise equipment they bought but later sold at a garage sale because buying it didn't make them disciplined enough to use it. It got sold at that garage sale for two reasons:



  1. Because they didn't use it after they bought it.

  2. So they would not have to see it anymore and be reminded that they didn't use it.

Now I'm not putting down anyone who has done this. I've done it with different things myself. Those are the failures we CAN get out of our lives. The emotional baggage we seem to be stuck with at times.


Another one is that perfect job you landed but have grown to hate. What do you do now? Do you plan what you could do to change your life again? I tend to think that way. Who says you have to stay with what you are doing? I say if there is some other road, take it. :-)


It's been a full evening and I have just finished sharing some kettle corn with our pet lab "Alanis". She loves the stuff. It doesn't matter what kind of popcorn it is. When she hears it popping she gets all excited.


Well, that's my exciting life for today. Not noteworthy by any means but it is all mine. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment