Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Power of Words.

Sometimes I think about how WORDS effect us. Things that we say to people that get taken the wrong way. Unintentionally stomping on someone's feelings by something we said is not usually the goal I would say. Most people don't get up in the morning with a grand plan to mess up someone else's day. But, it does happen in just about any environment you can think of at some time or other.

I think we are just all "wired" differently and perceive things we see and hear differently. We get offended sometimes at what we think are the intentions of the offender. We all come from different walks of life, have different background experiences and they have a role in how we perceive as adults.

What offends one person goes right over another person's head so to speak. They just don't think anything about it.

What's the solution? Do we tiptoe around everyone because we just don't know? I guess THINKING about how what we say might effect someone before we say it is a good idea. I for one never want to offend so I guess I'm saying that now for the record. To anyone I have EVER offended unknowingly or unwittingly, I sure am sorry.

I think I will stop here and just say "Have a Nice Day". :-)
P.S. Yes, I know I'm rambling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment