Monday, December 26, 2022

Delayed Christmas!

For the last 3 years, our Christmas gatherings have gotten all messed up.  Between Covid and scheduling problems, it has been difficult.  We were supposed to have our family Christmas exchange and breakfast here on Christmas Eve morning and the snow storm hit.  Another year messed up for us!  😞  For some reason, it was very depressing to me.  Maybe because it's happened so many times in a row.  I guess also, my own family doesn't seem to get together now.  My younger brother is in Fla. for the season and the other brother is in a nursing facility in the memory unit.  My Dad hasn't been getting out really at all.  They are afraid of getting sick.  So the exchange with our kids and Grands is my big enjoyment now.  Now, we are going to have to wait until New Years Eve morning due to scheduling conflicts.   

I guess I will just focus on the fact that we will at least be able to finally meet.  The important thing is that we will spend time together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment