Sunday, October 28, 2018

Retirement

Four years ago, my husband officially retired from working at Honda.  At the time, he told me if I continued working for another 4.5 yrs., I could retire as well.  So...it's been that long and I retired the 29th of Sept., 2018.  This was also my husband's birthday so it was a big day.  It felt really weird turning in my keys and cash drawer and cleaning out my work area.  Everything was placed in a box and put in my trunk.  (The box is still sitting in my home office as I haven't gotten around to sorting it out and putting things away.) I will get to it though.  I still have my babysitting job at night watching our 2 granddaughters.  They are a joy but keep me hopping constantly.  They are another reason I retired early.  I am 59 and not considered old enough according to a lot of my friends.  But..they don't live my life. 

I am still trying to establish my new habits.  We all have them, right?  Our daily rituals which may or may not include morning coffee.  For me, it's caffeine in a diet coke.  (I know, it's not good for me.)  I could have worse habits though. 

The 2nd week I was off, I went over to help my brother with some weed eating and cleaning out a flower bed.  That resulted in my allergies kicking up and my ending up with a sinus infection.  I was only trying to help!  Grrr.

The stress of dealing with the bad side of the public is over.  (There WERE people I did enjoy interacting with as far as customers too.)

When my husband retired from his job he started working for a farmer friend of his.  He has now retired from that as well.  So, we will see how we establish our habits from here on out.  It will be an adjustment I am sure to be with each other 24/7.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment