Sunday, November 24, 2013

Can you find blessings when you are sick?

The last couple of days I've been feeling miserable with a cold.  Here I am, this close to Thanksgiving and I still have loads to accomplish before then.  Of course, when you feel miserable, it's pretty easy to feel sorry for yourself because let's face it, feeling lousy isn't fun. 

While I've been sick though, I've been in contact with some other family members.  I'm finding that they are struggling as well with some health issues and it makes me feel ashamed that I could not see the blessing in the fact that I merely have a cold that is temporary.  I should feel blessed that it's just a cold!  Others have permanent conditions that are not going to improve with time.  Yes, my eyes are watering, I'm coughing and feeling tired.  (I don't seem to have any patience for it all.)  My prayer is that I can stop and think the next time and put it into perspective. 

It's so easy to think that we have it so bad isn't it?  Is that human nature?  Our sinful nature?  I think that my goal will be to do better!  Do better and pray for those who need it more than me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment