Friday, January 15, 2021

Watch What You Say

I think we should be very careful what we say to children.  The mean, hateful things that are said to them by parents or loved ones when they are small will stay with them forever.  How do I know this?  First hand experience of course.  There are things that were said to me from the very people I respected most that still haunt me today.  Oh, I have forgiven them but they have left a permanent scar where the dagger went into my soul.  Think kids are resilient?  They most definitely are!  That doesn't mean they don't have memories.  That experience will stay with them until they die.  Think about it. Do you remember things from your childhood?  Do you think you remember only the good things?  Of course not!  We must let anger cool before addressing an issue.  Just sayin'.  Food for thought!   

On another note...things that are coming out about children and what has been happening to them is going to be another post.  As usual....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment