Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Really?

I titled this "Really?" because when I observe some things in life, that's what I think. I observe a lot of things (even though those around me may think I don't). Just a couple of things lately that made me think (REALLY?).

First, I observed this very wealthy lady trying to get government assistance for a medicine she has to take. It's not that she can't pay for it, she just doesn't want to so she is filling out the paperwork. REALLY?

Then, there is this other person who has been on unemployment for at least a couple of years now. They dutifully report that they keep looking for a job but can't find one. In reality, they have passed up opportunities because they didn't think that it would go along with the "time off" they wanted. So, they keep sucking up the unemployment. REALLY?

I know that the Lord doesn't want us to judge others so this is a struggle for me to see and hear things of this nature take place. "Grinds my gears" so to speak.

More of this kind of thing goes on and most of us are oblivious to it all or simply don't want to know. There are a lot of people out there looking for jobs who really want them and are very worried about their unemployment running out. They aren't just sucking the system, they truly haven't been able to find anything. There are also people who really NEED assistance with their medical expenses who are not trying to abuse the system.

Now I understand what my elders meant when they would say "What's this world coming to?"

No comments:

Post a Comment