Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fold the Clothes Already!

This one is dedicated to my friend Joan and she will know why.

A topic recently was brought to my attention about how there is a "right way" and a "wrong way" to fold clothes. I'm the analytical type and I"m sorry but my mind went there. Where is the clothes folding rule book? Where can I buy it? Who is the author of such a book? What are the author's credentials? Can someone please tell me the address and phone number of the nearest Clothes Police Station? Are there undercover agents out there? Do you live or work with one? Is there a "Folders Anonymous" group I can join so I can straighten myself up?

What is the "right" way to fold clothes? Wouldn't that be however an individual decided to fold them? Didn't they buy the clothes and gain the right to do what they want with them? Are they really committing any crimes or hurting anyone because they fold their clothes differently?

This isn't really about the clothes. It's about how sometimes we get too caught up in the small stuff and too judgemental of others over little things. Do we need to examine the things we say to others? How are we making them feel by criticizing them? Is it really an issue or are we just making it one? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment