I have noticed for a bit now that there are things I didn't understand that were happening within my Amazon account. I would get an email saying that my item had been refunded. I didn't request it, it just showed up. Then I would get another. Then another. I didn't complain or ask for a refund on said items. I really didn't understand what was happening. So, additionally, when I would order something I saw where my order got credited some gift card money. Then, I get this email saying I had requested refunds on too many items and I got the impression they would like to close my account! Of course I am furious since I didn't have anything to do with what was happening. So last week I got this email saying my item had been delivered like normal. Only thing is....I didn't have anything on order. So I checked out the info about that order. It had been delivered to Arizona. I live in Ohio. 😡 So, I went to my account and did some digging. I was looking at all my account information and I saw where there was an Arizona address attached to my name. So I also dug around a little more. I saw where Amazon will give a gift card balance on some items that are refunded that they don't want them back. For example eye liner. (Which I did not ask to return). Now I understood what was happening. Fraudster Alert! Some scumbag in Arizona was doing this to me. I tried to talk to the Amazon assistant and got nowhere other than I should alert Amazon and change my password immediately, which I did. I want them to know what happened so it won't happen to others and besides, it is costing them money too. Since it was rather difficult to get a real person to talk to on Amazon, I gave up. But hopefully with the changes I made it will not continue to happen.. Now I am paranoid now and I am checking things daily. I figure the person was trying to get to those gift card points before me to get their stuff free!
RANT OVER FOR NOW! Hope this can help someone else who is experiencing this!
No comments:
Post a Comment