Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It Just Kept Getting Worse

I had one of those days today that at the end of work, I just wanted to get home. I decided I had two short stops to make and I could be on my way. The 1st stop was to get gas. None of my cards would read on the pump. After several attempts, I decided to move the car and try another pump. Low and behold, the 2nd pump worked! So, I'm finally on my way to Walmart. All I needed were razor blades and facial tissues. I could handle that and then get on home where I was sure my day would improve. I got the razor blades O.K. but when it came to the tissues, I had an issue. I had a bystander that was paying close attention to my actions at this point in time. I noticed that the tissues that I wanted were sold out except for a couple of boxes way in the back on the bottom shelf. The only way I was going to get to them was to crawl back in there. "For Pete's sake!", I said. "The only way I'm going to get those is if I crawl in there!". My observer said, "Mam, you gotta do what you gotta do". The he laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with him because I really did feel like crying by then.....
Well, I end up with the tissues and thought I would make my escape from Wally World. Not so fast sister! I ran into a customer from work. He chit chatted with me for a minute, then told me as I was ready to scurry off..."Do me a favor, would you?" (I'm thinking it must have to do with work so I said, "sure". He says "If what you've got going on doesn't work out, could you give me a call?" (He is not speaking of employment, but my personal life.) LOL..at this point, I surrender my attempt at a better day. This is the point I just start looking forward to bedtime so I can start over the next day. It's got to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment